Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today was my birthday, still is in the states actually. I felt so incredibly blessed. This morning I was kind of wishing that I was in the states and could celebrate with my friends there, and while I still wish I was close enough to spend time with them, God has provided me with wonderful people in my life here.

The day began wonderfully with God's gift of sunshine (something I do not take for granted....yesterday was raining and freezing cold....so it was a lovely birthday gift). Then at lunch time I was presented with a berry dessert that Belinda, our vice principal, had made for me, taking care to avoid the many foods I cannot eat. After school I went on a bike ride in the sunshine on my new bike with my good friend, and then a large group of us went to dinner. Then....yes the excitement continues, I had fireworks show by the river for my birthday, followed by gifts. You know there are times when you just feel so undeserving. Today was one of the those days, and I am overwhelmed by the love of God and the love of those he's placed in my life.

1 comment: